About Natalia Laverde Photography
I graduated with a BS in Social Communication and Journalism. Earned a Master in Organizational Communication(2002), and a Social Anthropology Master's Degree in 2016. I have worked independently on Communication Consultancy since 1999. In order to expand my photographic knowledge and experience (acquired at the Faculty of Journalism 1995) I participated in professional photography workshops at Houston Center for Photography (HCP), and Rice University.
In 2021 I became forest therapy guide certificated by the Association of Nature and Forest Therapy - Guides and Programs, ANFT, one of the most recognized organizations in the field, based in Arizona.
I have developed several documentary, industrial, organizational and artistic projects for energy and environmental sectors.I work on individual projects that allow me to explore different conditions of human beings and nature. Photography is a tool for self representation, description, interpretation of human (and non human) beings.
- Learning Curve 4 (Pianist on the Wall, 2009, chosen as the cover of the booklet invitation to 2010's exhibition) Houston, Tx
- Artist's Dialogue (Boiling Oxygen , 2010) Houson Tx
- Spin 8 (Pictures of Four Trees 2012).Houston, Tx
- FotoFest Biennial 2014, Houston,Tx. Continental Drift.
- Atellier Jacquinet, ArtCrawl Houston, 2015 (Most popular choice award)
- Jardines de poder, Acero Galería, Bogotá, 2022
- 200 years, 2010, Consulate General of Colombia, Houston.
- Translocal Landscapes, 2017, Colombia, Jeymarte Art Gallery
- FotoSíntesis, 2018, Colombia, Jeymarte Art Gallery.
- Balseros, Queens Theatre, NYC, 2019
- Nostalgia del Jardín Salvaje, Jeymarte Gallery, Bogotá, 2023
Conferences and workshops
- History of Photography and Photography in History (Conference). Cúcuta, Colombia (Biblioteca Julio Pérez Ferrero) 2017 organized by Fundación Cinco en punto.
- Contemplative Photography Workshop.
Books and articles
My photographs have been published as covers or accompanying articles of diverse media such as: Army Magazine (National Army of Colombia ), La Voz Newspaper (Houston Chronicle), Consulate General of Colombia in Houston, and Ministry of Foreign Affairs website, Instituto de Recursos Biológicos Alexander von Humboldt (Colombia), Resnatur (Colombia, among other institutions and organizations.
- Book "200 Years" (Bicentennial Independence of Colombia in Houston 2010) sponsored by the Consulate General of Colombia
- The Houston Diaries book devoted to landscapes of weather in the Mexican Gulf (Blurb. com, 2011)
- BOok. The Diaspora´s Dance (2012) has contributed to strengthen the National identity in Colombian youngters or descendats in Texas (US). The book gathers images of Café Dancing Company shows and rehearsals.
- Cartilla Estrategias Complementarias de conservación (2018, participación edición y fotografias) Resnatur, IAvH, Fundación Natura.2019
- Santamaría, Marcela, Laverde Natalia, et al, Quebrada Valencia, gota a gota se forma un río.en Voces de la gestión territorial, estrategias para la conservacion de la biodiversidad en Colombia. Instituto de Recursos Biológicos Alexander von Humboldt, Fundación Natura.2019
- Frog´s Legs. A children´s book: Through the bilingual book Frog's Leg, published independently by Blurb (2009), and then published by Editorial 531 in 2014 in Colombia, I teach about values as tolerance. Organizations such as Dynamic Orthotics and Prosthetics (Houston, Tx) and United for Colombia Foundation (Washington, DC, and Bogotá), use my book to sensitize communities, and heal children and soldiers who have lost their limbs either by landmines, accidents or illnesses as diabetes.
- ¨Alien anecdotes and other photographs¨ in process, unplublished. A project of visual anthropology. It is a compilation of stories based on the experience with photographs and Photography.
Please let me know about you. I encourage you to visit my portfolio and share your toughts about my artwork through Facebook, Instagram or this site. Welcome! .
For an extended CV please contact me through this site.